Cooked and raw prawns can be used in a large variety of dishes such as salads, stir fries, pastas, on barbeques, pan fried or grilled. A great value, versatile ingredient.
HOW TO CHOOSE CRYSTAL BAY PRAWNS:
- Prawn heads should be firmly attached to the body
- Prawns should be bright and glossy (not slimy)
- Well-cooked prawns should have tightly curled tails
- Flesh should be firm when touched
- The Original Crystal Bay Prawns are light in colour when cooked
- Cooked Crystal Bay Tigers are bright orange with white strips
- Ask to taste before you buy
HOW TO STORE CRYSTAL BAY PRAWNS:
- Remove any paper wrapping
- Place the plastic bag of prawns in a bowl of ice
- Refrigerate quickly
HOW TO PEEL CRYSTAL BAY PRAWNS IN 4 EASY STEPS:
- Remove the head, by holding the head and twisting with a downward force.
- Remove the shell of the body, by holding the legs and in one upward pulling motion prising the shell away from the body.
- Remove the tail by squeezing the tail and the body should pop out. If you prefer, leave the tail on for presentation.
- Although not necessary, if you prefer you can remove the prawn vein.